Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well this is our first Thanksgiving not really doing anything special. I was going to cook but Clint's mom had the great idea of ordering us a meal from The Fresh Market so I wouldn't have to cook. It was wonderful. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green beans, rolls, gravy, and of course pumpkin pie. Thank you Susu for spoiling us and making my life much easier today!!! Clint thinks we should just order our thanksgiving meal every year but I told him I missed cooking, however, I didn't miss cleaning up.

I made this Thankful banner to hang up this year, I love it and Sawyer loved having ABC's hanging above our door
A few days ago Sawyer and I made our first Thankful tree. She loved doing it and I love teaching her to be thankful for all our blessings. I pray she continues to have a thankful heart and that she will grow to give thanks to God for everything!!!

Here's our little turkey. He's doing so good. He is on a pretty good schedule. He eats, I keep him up for about 30 minutes and then swaddle him and put him down for a nap. I usually lay him down and let him cry for a few minutes and then I have to go in there and hold in and he will fall asleep. I'm really looking forward to just letting him cry it out until he falls asleep but I still think it is early to do that. I'll wait a few more weeks to start that. Sawyer LOVES her baby brother. Seriously, I don't think she could be any better with him. I am so thankful for that. I pray for their relationship everyday.

The weather was beautiful today. We went for a long walk to a park. Sawyer got to swing and she was loving it. Here's a pick of Clint with the kids, it's not the best but it's all I got so I'll take it =D
And I'll end with a pic of Clint and Jameson being sweet. Clint is such a great daddy and I am so thankful for him. We make a great team and I look forward to meaning more years serving along side him.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We missed our family but it was nice celebrating with just our little family of 4. How blessed we are!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of the parents you and Clint are. Your first Thanksgiving, minus the families who love you, was perfect. Your banner and tree are wonderful. Jameson is looking like a real baby...not a freshly hatched wee one.

    ReplyDelete