Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Solids and Walk

Well I decided to start Sawyer on solids this week, and here is why:

1. She still has silent acid reflux and doctors say that once they start solids it will help with that
2. Her naps are still 30 minutes long, I have tried EVERYTHING, so I thought maybe solids would help
(on a side note today when she woke up from her nap after 25 minutes I went in and put her on her tummy, she went right to sleep...of course it only lasted for 10 minutes...we'll see, I still have hope of longer naps one day!)
3. I have been DYING to give her solids, she seemed ready a few weeks ago and the thought of starting to make her food brings me such delight!
4. On our way up to Philly I thought it would help occupy her by feeding her cereal.

Sawyer Loved her rice cereal, she acted like a pro. It was as if she had been eating this stuff since birth. So far as of right now I am giving her just a little bit of rice cereal in the morning and evening. My plan is to do this for about a month and then start adding veggies and fruit to her diet!

Here is some pics of her first bites of "solid" food:




The weather here is starting to warm up, I am so excited for warmer weather. For walks, and just relaxing outside with Sawyer. It is going to be so neat watching her explore this world. Today I took her on a walk in our jogging stroller, she did great! She sat in it and didn't make a peep for 20 minutes. I am going to try to take her for a walk everyday this week. I really want her to get use to sitting in there so I can try and get some exercise!!

Here is a pic I snapped real quick after our walk:




Now for a quick Philly update:

We should be moving next Sunday...typing that made my heart race. I have so many mixed emotions about leaving. I truly believe this is what the Lord wants us to do, and therefore because of that I have peace. We are trying to spend as much time with family and close friends these next two weeks. Please be praying for the transtion for Sawyer, pray for Clint's job ( more details later), and pray for safe travel.

4 comments:

  1. big girl : ) i got your message! whatever you can do--i totally understand so just let me know. fyi--watch her on the cereal 2x/day....she may be fine, but it can constipate them having it so often as their little bodies are moving from all liquid to solids. emery-claire was awfully constipated (now she was more on the extreme side of it) but even reed was too when i increased his cereal more than 1x/day. i found mine did better being eased into solids at 1x/day...then after a couple weeks i started adding other foods(still just 1x/day--but that was just me). it is no nutritional value at this point--that comes from their liquid. now she may be fine & not be constipated; so i'm not trying to tell you what to do--just beware & look out for signs of constipation
    : ) it's definitely no fun for you & her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe yall are already moving! It must definately be where the Lord wants yall! (would love to hear details:) Also, once both of my kids started cereal; they moved quick to fruits/veggies:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I'm so excited that a definite move date is finally here! :) We are praying and praying and praying for you all! Can't wait to see all of you-and to finally meet your precious Sawyer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just like cum running off her chin wish it was mine

    ReplyDelete