Friday, May 6, 2011

7 months

Sawyer went for her 7 month checkup on Wednesday. Everything looked great while we were there. She is 70% for weight, 80% for height, and 35% for head...she pretty is right on track with her previous stats! Then Sawyer got her shots, it was so sad once again, but she bounced back pretty quick. The doc said she looked great...all was great until the next morning. Sawyer woke up with a temp of 103.2...she was burning up and dud not feel good at all. This latest almost all day, she was very sleepy and fussy. But she was eating good all day...until the night. I went to nurse her and then put her to bed...NOPE....not what she had in mind. She screamed and screamed...so we kept her up a little longer, tried nursing again...NOPE! At this point I just put her to bed. She slept an hour or so, and woke up screaming. Still no nursing. I gave her some rice cereal and ate some of that, she didn't want any water or formula. She cried in my arms for about two hours, when at this point she fell asleep...Praise the Lord! She slept for about 5 hours and woke up screaming. She still wouldn't nurse. She ate cereal again. We played a little while. And then at 7 am she nursed on one side, I was thrilled. She still didn't seem to enjoy it. I put her down for her nap, she took a great nap. Woke up nursed on the other side, but still fussy. I am taking her to the doctor again yo check her ears, if she doesn't have an ear infection then I think it's my milk that she doesn't like. Please pray for us. Pray we have a better night, pray that Sawyer feels better and starts nursing better.

I was reminded of Psalm 23:
A psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Praising the Lord that he is my shepherd!

Here are some highlights of Sawyers 7 month:

Finally able to sit up by herself
Still loving bath time, can sit up in her bath and play with toys, so fun
Had her first Easter, which was wonderful
Not crawling yet, but getting closer
Tried peas, asparagus, pears...not so sure about her green veggies
Nurses every 3-4 hours
Eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Started sleeping through the night again, but loved to get up at 6am!
Spring is here and Sawyer LOVES being outside

Now for some pictures:






Look what Sawyer got me for mothers day:




If you can't tell what it is, it's a bread machine! Our friends up here have one and that have made some amazing stuff with it, so good I wanted one so bad, and Clint surprised me with it today...I can't wait to use it!!

And here are my faviorte 7 month pictures:





2 comments:

  1. sounds like a classic ear infection. don't think your milk would make her have a fever. i bet she loves her mommy's milk :) got your call today and was saying really silly things and then i realized that there was no one on the other end. then i couldn't get through... miss you love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. laughing at terezas comment about your milk giving her a fever:) poor sawyer! I bet that was a really rough night on you and Clint. Hope she is sleeping and nursing better!!

    Happy Mother's Day! What a sweet gift from Clint...too bad we aren't neighbors anymore..I'd love to benefit from that gift with some shared warm bread :)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete