Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

One of my closest friends came in for the weekend, it was delightful! We enjoyed great food, great conversations, and Kathryn got to love on miss Sawyer Beth. Thank you so much Kathryn for sacrificing your time to get a glimpse into our life up here in Philly. We know you are praying for us, and we are praying for your near future!!

Kathryn and I went out to dinner one night to am amazing little country French restaurant. It was delightful. The atmosphere was just my style...we felt like we were in the country and yet we were at this fancy little restaurant. And the food was delicious. It was a BYOB, which is new to me. You get to bring your own wine to the restaurant...it's much cheaper and I love that you can bring whatever you want. Here is a picture of Kathryn and I before our big night out:



Sawyer loved the extra attention she got from Aunt Kathryn. Here are some sweet pictures of them:





Yes, Sawyer is eating a lemon in one of the pictures above. She wanted it so I gave it to her and she LOVED it, she just sucked and sucked on it...too funny!

Well, I am proud to announce that Sawyer is finally getting TEETH! She has at least one poking through on the bottom, we think another one is coming close behind. But because of these new teeth she was a little extra fussy today. But that didn't stop her from having fun and getting into trouble. Here are some pictures I took of her today:






These last pictures all go together. Notice at first she is sitting looking at her baby dolls. Then she realizes she wants to get them. She gets one, and then the other. And then she loves on them! It was so fun watching her try to get these, and she was so proud of her self once she finally got them!







Sawyer and I loved having Clint home an extra day this week. We have so much fun as a family, I love it! So thankful for this season of my life, and trying to cherish every moment of it!

Tonight, the women from our church plant met together at a park and prayed. It was beautiful and a great reminder of the importance of prayer. We prayed over this verse:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4: 6-7

LOVE LOVE LOVE this verse...such truth, but oh how I easily forget it!

Until next time,

Alex

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex! Thank you for your sweet, sweet comment on my blog today! I thought about responding to you on there, but I wanted to pop over to your blog so you know I love reading yours too!!! I am still trying to get the hang of the blogging world but I know one thing, blogging is a gift that God truly uses for us mommies for fellowship and encouragement. Sawyer is absolutely precious!!!!!! Such a little sweet heart and she looks so much like her daddy (Scarlett is her daddy's look alike too... maybe one of these days someone will tell us our girls look like us!) We are praying for you and Clint as you seek to bring the name of Jesus to Philly. Blessings to your precious family.... I will keep reading!
    Erin Owen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and how could I comment on this post without saying: Yes! Sweet girlfriends are SUCH a gift from the Lord... especially that sweet Kathryn that you wrote about :)

    ReplyDelete