Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Quotes


These are all taken from "Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus"

"The gift of Christmas gives you a resource- a comfort and consolation- for dealing with suffering, because in it we see God's willingness to enter this world of suffering to suffer with us and for us." Tim Keller

"Christmas is the end of thinking you are better than someone else, because Christmas is telling you that you could never get to heaven on your own. God had to come to you." Tim Keller

"Thousands of years before Jesus, God purposed that there be a tabernacle in order that there would be One who would fulfill the meaning of that tabernacle, who would be the true Tabernacle for us." Joseph "Skip" Ryan

"Mary responds by saying, "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word" (Luke 1:36). Can you say: "Let the Holy Spirit do with me as he pleases?" Do you trust the Spirit enough to say: "I am your slave; take me; use your omnipotent power to put me where you want me, when you want me there, doing what you want me to do?" Do you know why we can entrust ourselves to the Holy Spirit? Because he exists to exalt the glory of Jesus Christ. Therefore, if the heartbeat of your life is the glory of Jesus Christ, the Spirit will empower and help you with all his might." John Piper

"What God did when he sent his Son into the world is an absolute guarantee that he will do everything he has ever promised to do." Martyn Lloyd-Jones

"Why is the world in such a mess? You and I are the problem. Our good intentions are not strong enough to control our evil impulses. We need a Savior to rescue us from ourselves. He is Jesus." Raymond C. Ortlund Jr.

"Every Christmas is still a "turning of the page" until Jesus returns. Every December 25 marks another year that draws us closer to the fulfillment of the ages, that draw us closer to...home." Joni Eareckson Tada

It is so easy to lose sight of what Christmas is truly about. I am so guilty of this. I pray we all will take time this week to reflect on the greatest gift given to us on Christmas...JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment