Saturday, May 5, 2012

Derby Party


Clint and I love having Derby parties, especially since we live up here in the North. People have heard of the Derby but don't really know what an exciting day it is. We like to show them how the Kentuckians like to party. Every Derby party has to have three elements: hot browns, mint julips, and derby pie. And now every party has to have an adorable 1 1/2 year old =D


I forgot to take a picture of our hot browns but here are the empty pans with one serving left over for lunch for Clint. They were delicious!
Clint was our bar tender and he did a great job as usual. My parents bought him the offical bourbon of the Derby.
My parents also brought us up some Derby Pies. Last year I made some but it was so nice to just pop these in the oven, and they were wonderful!
And you can't have a Derby Party without people. We invited our Community Group over. Hope they now will have an appreciation for the Derby and want to watch it every year!


All the kids got some candy for having their horses "win". I didn't really think to give Sawyer any but sweet Marissa was so kind to share with Sawyer.
This made Sawyer very very very happy...it was precious watching these girls play together
The kids got to play outside while we were waiting for dinner. Sawyer loves playing with the big kids outside. She has a hard time keeping up with them though, hehe
I'll close with this funny picture of a horse balloon that my parents also brought up. Sawyer loves it, she calls it her neigh. I love the position he is now in. He floated into Sawyers room like this while I was putting her jammies on and he was starting to float in her bed and she did not like that. She said "No neigh" and got up and pushed him away from her bed. Too funny!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you showed the North how us Southerners have fun :) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smile Sawyer has in #10.....so happy!.....great that she has all those friends to hang with! Papa Bella

    ReplyDelete