Friday, May 18, 2012

Summer like weather

We've been having some gorgeous weather the past couple of days. Sawyer is loving her outside time. Especially if Gigi and Marissa are out. These girls sure have fun together. They are teaching Sawyer some big girl things.
Sawyer has almost gotten the hang of the tricycle. She loves doing it. Of course she still loves riding on Marissa car. Love this face.
I kinda felt like I have been in a slump when it comes to doing things with Sawyer. We do the same things everyday. So I motivated myself last night to research some creative things for us to do this summer. Today we tried one of those things. We painted the sidewalk with a homemade sidewalk chalk. I did 2 T of cornstarch, 3 T of water, and 5 drops of food coloring. Sawyer loved it. The paint washes off with water. We will for sure be doing this again, she played with it for about 45 minutes.



I had fun too!

We've been dealing with discipline issues with Sawyer recently. She is at such a fun age but still struggling with when she doesn't get her way. She's slowly learning that life isn't all about Sawyer. We are working with patience and self control. I love this little girl so much and I am trying to put in the hard work now of disciplining her so that she will be an obedient, lovely little girl =D The Lord is teaching  me patience and self control as well. This parenting thing is hard work but the most rewarding thing I have ever done. So thankful for this opportunity to raise this little one along with Clint.

1 comment:

  1. You got it right...... Patience is the key to the stage she is going through right now and do not forget to also explain the reason behind why she shouldn't be getting her way.....they understand/grasp way more than we think. Great pics I love the purple passion pic !!! Great that she is geeting outside and playing with friends. Thanks for Posting......My Monday just got a little easier to take!

    Papa Bella

    ReplyDelete