Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

I am feeling so blessed right now. Not only do I have the best mothers and best grandmother but my daughter sure knows how to make me feel loved. Of course her Daddy helped in making this weekend special. Saturday morning we went to breakfast at a little diner close by. It was wonderful. While I was getting a refill of my coffee Sawyer and Daddy went next door to the flower shop and bought me these beautiful purple tulips. Such a treat.
Then we went to a farm about 20 minutes from our house. It was a beautiful drive and I am glad we went to check it out. First we saw the cows. She calls them moos. Now anytime she pretends she is going bye bye I ask her where she is going and she says "see moos" =D

Then we saw pigs, chickens, baby cows, ducks, goats, and donkeys. Sawyer loved looking at all the animals. You couldn't touch any of them, but it was so fun watching her look at them all. She would say "I wanna see" over and over again.
But I think Sawyer's favorite thing to do was eat homemade peach ice cream. I couldn't blame her, it was delicious!





After the farm we went over to a little flea market down the street from us. Lots of junk to look at but we didn't buy anything. Off to home we went for Sawyers nap, but she had to get some cuddles in with Daddy before her nap.

When she woke up we planted some morning glory seeds. Sawyer loved getting dirty!


This morning we went to church and came home for a quiet lunch and nap time. Dressed up and ready to worship!

After nap time Sawyer and I went to the store and then played outside for awhile. Our neighbors got a tricycle and play car for their girls and Sawyer loves  playing with all their things. She has also been practicing throwing a ball. She's getting pretty good! Glad our neighbors like to share =D




This weekend has been everything I hoped it would be. I truly am grateful for the gift of motherhood. I've learned from some pretty awesome women!!

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you Son for doing such a good job on Mothers Day ! Number 9 is my favorite from this group the smile of true happiness !!!! Love & Miss you guys !!!!

    Papa Bella

    ReplyDelete