Monday, January 10, 2011

3 months... a little late


Sawyer turned 3 months old on January 4th. Her 3rd month was probably her best so far! She is starting to become the sweetest little girl ever. She still has her stubborn personality but I am beginning to love that part of her. Our doctor does not do a 3 month check up so I don't really have any stats to report; however, she is starting to fill out more and has the most adorable chubby legs so I know she is gaining weight. Here are some month 3 highlights:

-Celebrated her first Christmas
-Had several play dates
-Got her first cold (and still has it)
-Rolled over (only twice though)
-Began playing in her exersaucer (really starting to enjoy it)
-Has become an expert in her bumbo seat (is starting to love watching us eat)

Here is what her schedule is like:

Wake up around 7am
Eat
Play with Mommy and Daddy
Nap around 8:30am
Eat at 10am
Play
Nap around 11:30am
Eat at 1pm
Play
Nap around 2:30pm
Eat at 4pm
Play
Nap around 5:30pm
Eat at 7pm
Bed around 9ish or 10ish

She is a really good girl during the day, but her fussy side comes out at night, so we are still trying to figure that out, any suggestions???

Clint and I are loving this time with Sawyer and trying to cherish every moment. We are so thankful for our daughter and pray that she will continue to grow into a wonderful young lady!!

2 comments:

  1. so sweet alex! i think i mentioned it awhile back--but isn't it amazing how different of a baby you get at 3 months??!! life just sets full force into routine......it's wonderful isn't it : ) as far as a fussy time--i would just say some just have that fussy time & besides swings, sucking, etc. etc. sometimes they just have to cry : ( sorry no magical answers from me. i have a friend right now with her 4th--and she just has to let him cry for the few hours in the evening, as that is his fussy period....he is not quite 3 months, so i would think since she is, hopefully she should turn corner with this very soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, I remember you as a little girl who came to visit her grandparents in Catlettsburg! My husband Phillip Potter was pastor at Oakland Avenue Baptist from 1985-1991. Dorothy sent me a note about your blog, and I'm glad she did. ;-)

    What a gift our children are from the Lord! Our three are all grown and have flown the nest long ago. Our daughter Melissa and her hubby have a precious little boy named Ethan who will be two in March. Our son Jason and his wife also gave us a sweet grandson named Jason Cody. He is 16 months now. Our son Kevin is not married but dating a lovely girl.

    I know you won't remember me, but I wanted to say hello and say "Blessings on your sweet family!" If you like, you can visit my blog and see a few family photos there -- http://parentingbyheart.blogspot.com

    BTW, I use my maiden name when writing to honor my Dad's memory. He always said I should be a writer. How I miss him!

    ReplyDelete