Sunday, June 5, 2011

8 months


Well Sawyer is 8 months old...I love it!!! Clint and I have absolutely loved this month. She gets cuter by the day, and it's crazy to watch her learn and grow everyday. Two words describe Sawyers 8th month: hungry and mobile.

These past few weeks Sawyer has had such an appetite, I can't feed her fast enough. If she sees me fixing her food in the kitchen she starts screaming...it's funny but a little annoying =D Here are her new foods:

-Yobaby Yogurt
-Whole wheat bread
-Pears
-Cauliflower w/ garlic and butter
-Green Beans
-Squash
-Zucchini
-Peaches
-Potatoes

I think that's it! She pretty much loves everything except for potatoes...I'm not sure why she hates them so much, they don't have that much flavor, but even if I hide them in her favorite foods she will gag and spit it out...silly girl! She is getting much better with eating finger foods, she still just prefers her puffs, but she did eat some diced pears and did good with that.

Here is what her schedule looks like:

-Wakes between 5:30-7:00am (some days she gets up super early, not sure why)
-Nurses around 6:30 or 7 depending on what time she gets up
-Breakfast at 8ish (usually a fruit)
-Play/Walk
-Nap at 9ish
-Nurses around 11ish
-Play
-Lunch around 12ish
-Nap around 1:30
-Nurses around 3ish
-Dinner 5ish
-Bedtime between 7-7:45pm

She still gets up usually once a night, I nurse her and then put her right back to bed. I know she doesn't need that feeding AT ALL, it's just a matter of letting her cry it out. I've always said once she hits 9 months I am going to do my best to cut that feeding out. Now that we are going to Louisville in July, I'm thinking I will work on cutting it out after the trip!

And guess what...Sawyer finally has a tooth! It's her bottom left one. Teething might be a long process for us. She was pretty fussy for a few days, thankfully she slept pretty good.

Crawling/Walking is in the near future! She loves holding your hands and walking all over the place. Crawling is not her thing, but I am not giving up. She can go from sitting to almost standing, she will master this I'm sure by next month. And she will go from sitting to all fours, but she usually starts screaming once shes in all fours.

OKay enough rambling...here are pictures of this big girl:








2 comments:

  1. Precious little Sawyer...Happy 8 months!!! I am totally with you on the middle-of-the-night feeding. Scarlett did the same thing. She eventually cut it out on her own. Since she started walking she sleeps so well at night because she is worn out! I just could not do the "cry it out" method, but each mama is different. She is obviously a healthy, happy girl... way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, she is adorable! I am so glad you are enjoying her age so much. Mom said I never crawled...when straight from sitting to walking:) Can't wait to see you both in July!

    ReplyDelete