Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake

We just survived our first earthquake! I was getting Sawyers bottle ready in the kitchen, and the island in our kitchen started shaking, the things fell from our book shelves in our family room. I immediately thought our house was about to blow up, that makes sense, right?? I ran over to Bethans house. My plan was to leave Sawyer there and then I would head back to our house to investigate. But of course once I got to Bethans, she had experienced the same feeling. We were scared. I came back home, all the neighbors were outside talking about what just happened. Then my neighbor Kellie came over with her girls, she was terrified! She has lived here her all life and never felt anything like this. We turn on the TV and realize we just survived a 5.9 earthquake!!

Everyone is safe, just a little jittery!

2 comments:

  1. alex so glad you all are ok!!! i'm sure that must have been so scary! thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we had the earthquake here that shook the house, my dresser drawer started squeaking like it does when opened except I was asleep in bed with no one else in the house....I actually thought it was a ghost because when it woke me I could see no one was standing in front of the dresser. A little later I found out my Ghost was a earthquake ! Glad you made it through !! Kiss my bella granddaughter for me !!! Gpa Cas

    ReplyDelete