Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Well we survived our first earthquake, now we need to survive our first hurricane. It's coming this weekend! It could be really bad, or not as bad as their thinking. She's already messed up lots of our plans, but such is life. My parents our coming in today, it's comforting knowing that they'll be here during this storm. I'm trying to plan things for us to do while a hurricane is going on around us :)

The worst that could happen is flooding and power outages. Pray for the East Coast this weekend. I'm reminded that the Lord is in control of the waves and I'm trying to rest in that today:

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold."
Psalm 46:1-3,7

-Alex

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you never thought in a million years that you would experience these forces when you moved there. I love that scripture! It brings such comfort. We are praying for you all and hope that the storm just fizzles out. I know you will still love having your family there. Just being together is what's important. Enjoy your time with them! Love you! Susu

    ReplyDelete