Friday, April 22, 2011

Empty tomb biscuits

My amazing grandmother gave me this idea, I made it for some friends who came over today. They are empty tomb biscuits. Here's how you make them:

1 can of biscuits
Marshmallows
Butter
Cinnamon
Sugar

Flatten out the biscuits and wrap the biscuits around the marshmallow. Melt the butter. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Roll the biscuit in the butter, and then roll the biscuit in the cinnamon and sugar. Bake according to the biscuit directions. As they are in the oven the marshmallow melts and the biscuits are empty! They turned out great!

it is a great way to help teach your children about Jesus raising from the dead and why we celebrate Easter! He is risen!!

I think I will make these every Easter morning, Sawyer will love them!

On a side note, as I was checking on the biscuits in the oven, I was holding Sawyer and she reached out and touched the inside of the oven door, my poor baby! She screamed and cried for at least 45 minutes. I held her hand in cold water for awhile and she finally calmed down. She has blisters on her 2 fingers, she seems to be feeling fine now. I felt horrible, I learned my lesson and gave my baby extra lovin today!

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. Not only are they really neat for Easter-they were YUMMY!! :) So sorry about Sawyer, hope she is back to normal tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Sawyer. I love all your traditions you are starting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has Risen INDEED ! See I was paying attention last Easter ! Alex I know exactly how you felt when she touched the oven door. Not sure if Clint remembers this, but one time when I was dropping him off we managed to slam his little fingers in the car door. Thank goodness we got off easy with just minor injury just like you guys !!! I want to see those pics of Clint as Easter Bunny. FYI love all the pics...but the one where she is laying on your Gma's chest looking into the camera is awesome. Sawyer is so full of personality at such a young age !

    ReplyDelete